The Board of Electors are the trustees of the congregation, overseeing, governing and setting strategic direction for BHC. The Board of Electors have the power to act upon all matters not otherwise specifically provided in the Bylaws and Policies of the congregation.
BYLAWS REVIEW COMMITTEE
Every five years, the Congregation reviews and revises the Bylaws, to the extent appropriate. To that end, see the red lined comparison version of the Bylaws showing the 2015 version and the proposed revisions for our 2020 version so that all revisions may be reviewed by all members of the Congregation.
While we encourage a thorough review of that comparison version, for ease and not as a substitute, the proposed revisions to the Bylaws can be generally reflected in six categories:
- Gender neutrality (10.1), Format, Font, Spacing, Typos, Grammar and Consistency;
- 3.1 Changes to clean up the prior provision addressing the 24 - 18 reduction and to address the role of participants on the Board;
- 4.4 Nominating Committee to change 60 to 90 days to fill vacancies;
- 5.7 as to participation by telephone/video-conferencing;
- 5.9 as to attendance at executive sessions of the Board; and
- 8.1.2, 8.1.3 and 8.3 revisions.
The proposed revisions and any questions will be addressed at our April 17, 2020 Annual Meeting for consideration and a vote of the membership for approval.
Committee: Stan Gann, Jr., Chair; Dana Gloor, Paula Himeles and John Singer
John Elias, President, email@example.com
Gary Aiken, 1st Vice President
Brett Cohen, Vice President
Amy Sponseller, Vice President
David Castine, Treasurer
Robert L. Waldman, Assistant Treasurer
Jennifer Lew, Secretary
Richard D. Gross, Immediate Past President
Rabbi Andrew Busch
Stanford Gann, Jr.
Linda R. Nathan
David I. Tossman
Carl S. Silverman, Counsel
Danny Duhan, Brotherhood
Susan Strutt, Sisterhood
Kay Miller Feldmann
Allan T. Hirsh, III
Richard F. Kemper
Edward L. Perl
Louis I. Shpritz
Carl S. Silverman
Ruth F. Silverstone
Peggy K. Wolf